In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Humidity is not my friend, although it will be Alabama’s tonight. For those who don’t know, my first journalism job was in Florida at the Fort Myers News-Press. I was there eight years and never got used to the humidity. No way Notre Dame players could acclimate in a week.
2. The media hotel was the Harbor Beach Marriott, and I have to give them a shout out, because they treated us very well. I’d hate to think how much they could have made by bilking desperate fans instead, but it’s a lot.
3. Not only are Notre Dame fans enjoying their first really, really big game in more than 20 years, but they also got a head start on Alabama fans by clinching a spot here a week earlier. That contributed to Crimson Tide fans having trouble getting flights.
4. Guilty pleasure: Police escorts. I can’t help it, I love them. To get to the game we were going from Fort Lauderdale to Miami Gardens, and to speed things up they took the media buses through the docks. I joked that we were all being deported.
5. … someone responded “Does Nick Saban have that much pull?”
6. The surprise of the week were the numerous Notre Dame reporters who were wearing Fighting Irish garb. I never want to hear someone talk about SEC journalism homers again.
7. The most overused word of the week: Destiny.
8. Roughly 850 credentials were given out and numerous people were turned down. Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel has 22 people here. ESPN, you don’t want to know.
9. On a serious note, this morning I was at the Football Writers Association of American awards breakfast, where I received the best column and game story awards for last year. It was a proud and humbling moment and I’m very excited to being them home for 247.
What I really loved was that the award was a game ball, a football done up with my name and alma mater’s logo.
The game story was for last year’s national championship game, and the column from the tornado. It’s in the memory of the tornado victims that I’m dedicating the award(s).
10. Overall, it’s been a great, exhausting week, and yes, I’m looking forward to getting home. Have a great game everyone …
Christopher Walsh covers Alabama football for BamaOnline, 247Sports, and is the author of 18 books.
Thank you CW and I can't think of anyone more deserving. Congrats.
Congrats on the awards!
I love the humidity remarks. I read earlier that it is supposed to be at or near 80% all game. Good, good....
A staff of professionals....indeed...thanks for all your work
Congrats and thanks for everything Chris!!!
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Chris Walsh 18 months ago
Congrats Chris, well deserved!
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Congrats.
Classy move Chris and congratulations.
I was stationed in Orlando for a time and I never got used to the humidity either, it was absolutely miserable.
This post was edited by GooPhi 18 months ago
Congratulations! That is awesome! Way to represent.
First of all, Chris, congrats on #9.
Second of all, no truer words have ever been spoken than #7. I am sick to death of hearing that ND will win b/c it is its destiny. GMAFB. If there is, in fact, destiny for them, I believe it is to get that ass whipped tonight.
Nice work, Chris! The award is well-deserved.
I know you will be exhausted tonight. Thanks for all you do!
Congratulations CHris, really appreciate what you bring to BOL.
Congrats Chris. Way to go, just make sure when you come home you are writing about the Tide winning #15. Roll Tide
"5. … someone responded “Does Nick Saban have that much pull?”
Follow me on twitter @TrevorHewettBOL. https://twitter.com/#!/TrevorHewettBOL
"Theres No Substitute for Guts"
Congrats to you Chris & , as always, great job with the updates!
That's awesome Chris! A pic of the trophy if you can swing it would be appreciated.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports