In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 338
Online now 1345 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
15:44 to go. Tide up 45-39.
They just showed a lookback to the 1992 SEC Tournament when Alabama beat Arkansas with a buzzer-beater.
The thing that stood out to me was a pretty thin Oliver Miller for the Hogs. Yikes.
Christopher Walsh covers Alabama football for BamaOnline, 247Sports, and is the author of 18 books.
I haven't read this entire thread..but is the officiating a little tight on us today? I know we are ahead, but they seem to be beating us up pretty good..
It's been this way for about 4 weeks now.
Awful officiating. Mitchell took a forearm shiver to the face earlier, got knocked to the floor, no call. We breathe on someone....whistle.
not nearly as bad as vandy
How was that not a walk?
Are you F***ING kidding me? How do you miss that travel? Unreal.
That's the thing. It was a walk.
So it's official...you get 3 steps
If Green touches the basketball, he's either going to shoot or turn the ball over.
What a selfish ****.
Two straight travels by the hogs missed by these pathetic refs
If you did, he still travelled.
Once again 4 guys outside and 1 in for bama. Green to hesitant, and now tide is getting killed allowing dribble penetration.
Tide hits a bit of a drought and Arkansas gets a brief 47-45 lead, Green quickly ties it up to end an 11-2 run by the Razorbacks.
First Half Notes
- Alabama started three freshman in Levi Randolph, Trevor Lacey and Nick Jacobs. They were joined by junior Tony Mitchell and sophomore Trevor Releford.
- Alabama’s 37 first-half points are its second most in SEC play this season. UA scored 38 points in the first half of its win at Georgia.
- UA leads at halftime for the 14th time this season. The team is 12-1 in previous games it has led at halftime.
- UA held a 16-8 advantage in points in the paint in the half. Mississippi State is the only team to outscore UA in the paint this season.
- Tony Mitchell scored seven first-half points to move into 40th all-time in scoring at UA with 1,110 career points with Terrence Meade. He needs four more points to move all the way into 38th past Ray Odums and Ronald Steele.
- Alabama possessed the ball for 3:32 longer in the first half as Arkansas had the ball for just 8:13.
- Arkansas’ average scoring possession lasted 15 seconds. UA’s average scoring possession lasted 23 seconds.
- Andrew Steele recorded four assists in the first half to match his career high. He needs five points to match his career high in scoring as well.
- UA was credited with four first half blocks. The Tide came into the game averaging 3.8 blocks per game in SEC play.
I agree with the walks. Those are the kind you cannot miss! Green is so inconsistent. Some possessions demonstrative wanting the ball and needing to shoot when he is close. Others wide open and hesitates. Shoot the damn ball when you are open!
It'd be great if we could get an offensive rebound here or there. Seems like we get 1 or 2 per game.
Come on Bama, stop the bleeding.
Looks like this is going down to the wire..7 pt halftime lead gone..losing by 3
We had multiple chances to get this lead to 9 or 10 points earlier and pissed it away.
Now we've lost the sense of aggression we had and look like the keystone cops again. I'll be shocked if we win this game - just a different mentality than we had last year.
We really miss the tenacity of Hines, Davis and Hillman.
11:59 to go, Razorbacks up 50-47.
This team needs to get off this losing streak badly...you can just see them start pressing when the game gets tight.
Wake up Bama, your season is on the line!! Not a very good first 8 mins of the second half
Hankerson is awkward out there, but you never have to worry about his effort.
Is the color announcer for this game a man or a woman?
We are doing a poor job at times attacking the zone. To attack the zone your have to dribble drive the creases and have someone flash to the middle. Otherwise you just throw it around the perimeter.
A woman. Kara Lawson. I believe she played at Tennessee.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports