In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1581
Online now 337 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"Stadium Journey" claims to visited every stadium over the past two years and ranked them all.
"Our rankings of the stadium experiences are based on considering many aspects of the stadium experience including food and beverage served, overall atmosphere, the neighborhood, fans, access to and within the stadium, and overall return on investment. One of our tiebreakers is the rating submitted by our members, so if you don't agree, then please share your thoughts about your favorite stadium."
No. 1 was Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa.
"After the team and coaches enter the stadium, everyone starts funneling into Bryant-Denny Stadium and the cheerleaders start whipping the crowd into a frenzy. The team comes out of the tunnel and the stadium shakes! The crowd roars through the entire game even if the game is well in hand by the second quarter. They love their football in Alabama and they love their Crimson Tide at the University of Alabama."
Christopher Walsh covers Alabama football for BamaOnline, 247Sports, and is the author of 18 books.
Bryant Denny is a special place for gameday. The Quad, the people, the crowd, the noise, the game, the passion....
The top 25:
1. Bryant-Denny Stadium - Home of the Alabama Crimson Tide
2. Notre Dame Stadium - Home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3. Michigan Stadium - Home of the Michigan Wolverines
4. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Home of the Florida Gators
5. Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium - Home of the Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Memorial Stadium - Home of the Nebraska Cornhuskers
7. Jordan-Hare Stadium - Home of the Auburn Tigers
8. Blaik Field at Michie Stadium - Home of the Army Black Knights
9. Kyle Field - Home of the Texas A&M Aggies
10. Memorial Stadium - Home of the Clemson Tigers
11. Vaught-Hemingway Stadium - Home of the Mississippi Rebels
12. Camp Randall Stadium - Home of the Wisconsin Badgers
13. Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell Stadium - Home of the Florida State Seminoles
14. Memorial Stadium - Home of the Indiana Hoosiers
15. Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium - Home of the Texas Longhorns
16. Bronco Stadium - Home of the Boise State Broncos
17. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum - Home of the USC Trojans
18. Folsom Field - Home of the Colorado Buffaloes
19. Jones AT&T Stadium - Home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders
20. Autzen Stadium - Home of the Oregon Ducks
21. Rose Bowl - Home of the UCLA Bruins
22. Falcon Stadium - Home of the Air Force Falcons
23. Neyland Stadium - Home of the Tennessee Volunteers
24.Tiger Stadium - Home of the LSU Tigers
25 .Spartan Stadium - Home of the Michigan State Spartans
Ok, let the debate begin .. I'll start with LSU being WAY too low.
Here's three that absolutely should be in the top 25:
27. Ohio Stadium
28. Beaver Stadium
33.TCF Stadium (Minnesota - it's gorgeous)
Georgia should be in there too.
This post was edited by Chris Walsh 14 months ago
That was my first thought too.
40. Husky Stadium should be in there too.
Thought that LSU would be much higher on that list.
Follow me on twitter @TrevorHewettBOL. https://twitter.com/#!/TrevorHewettBOL
Ole Miss & Texas Tech ahead of LSU? They must've been at the LSU spring game
LSU not being top 10 (maybe even 5) is a joke. And DKR at 15 is about 10 to high. That place is awful.
On Alabama: CeCe Jefferson - "It was a bunch of beautiful women..." Reggie Ragland - "oh the females of course..."
Opening the Quad is what put BDS a solid #1.
Guessing f & b and stadium itself got LSU docked. It's not a survey about loudest.
Death Valley/Tiger stadium is absolutely the most impressive, intimidating atmosphere in the country. Everyone else can only hope to get on their level. It was a miserable place to be in for about 40 minutes last season (g)
"The smell in death valley was similar to a county fair".... (g)
While I would rate the fans and atmosphere at LSU the best in the country. Tiger Stadium itself is a dump.
"...the smells of the food that was being prepared almost made want to stop and beg for a taste."
I would consider paying the guy to edit this ^^^ to say corndogs.
Dunno about the f&b inside Tiger Stadium, but the f&b outside the stadium isn't taking a back seat to anybody. I hate LSU with a gold and purple passion, but that dump in Oxford @ #11 has got to be a joke.
I didn't see Georgia's Sanford Stadium in that list either. Athens is a great college town and nice place to watch a game.
Lsu is loud and love going to games there but it's not nice at all. Has a unique build but it's in desperate need of an overhaul.
Legion Field next to last. Very sad indeed. Nice write up though.
"You've got some nerve coming here." T. Yorke
I'll take it
No doubt in my mind that BDS is #1. But I am biased. :)
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports