In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
If only we had sacked Tebow more in the 2009 SEC Championship Game...
I think our gameplan is pretty clear on D:
1) lots of nickel
2) don't run past Robinson
3) create turnovers on passes/arm-punts
I think we'll be fine
The meltdown thread may actually surprise the Mich St thread from the Capital One bowl....
Especially when all Saban does is stockpile recruits (the words of the Michigan writer) . . .
^^^ This ^^^
That reminds of the famous Buddy Ryan quote when releasing Chris Carter he said "all he does is catch touchdown passes."
This post was edited by bama58 23 months ago
Michigan expecting to win "because they are Michigan" is like Jimmy Walker expecting to get laid because he is the "King of Dy-No-Mite"
Never Gets Old
Could have sworn that we were still using Saban's Offensive Philosophy. I guess I must have missed that somewhere.
Also LMAO on number 6. "They are not a difficult offense to scheme against, but they are difficult to execute against. I guarantee a loss will not be because we were outcoached on D."
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Cunni035 23 months ago
LMAO Before you read the first word in all that it should read: " This is your brain on drugs "
"affect the quarterback" is the phrase he always uses. Try and find a QB that wasn't affected by our pass rush and blitz schemes.
It's all good, just fans trying to convince themselves their team has a shot. They have a "puncher's chance", I mean they're a legit top 20 team. But saying they have all these edges over Bama is a stretch at best.
Ten Reasons We Know This Guy Smoke Crack!
Well he's right about the first part. We aren't hard to scheme against, people know exactly what we're gonna do. They just can't stop it. If they play us straight up they can't stop the run. If they sell out against the run we have receivers running wide open (see: Barn game)
If half your D will play in the NFL like LSU's you have a shot. I don't think UM is in that category
1) - Well we're Alabama. And by any measuring stick you want to use, Michigan is inferior. Poor argument.
2) - Denard Robinson is fast. He better be. Laterally. To the sidelines. Iffy argument.
3) - This "no pass rush" argument constantly comes up, yet Bama constantly is amongst the nation's top-5 defenses. Sacks are "good to haves", but unnecessary when your team forces more three-and-outs than any other team in the country. Poor argument.
4) - Yes, we do. And a hella ton of talent returning, including the whole offensive line and a stable of 4-5 star RBs. Doesn't really matter how much your air-attack changes if you can run the ball down the other team's throat. Iffy argument, at best.
5) - Trick plays, you say? They ever see a Gus Malzahn gameplan? Iffy argument, at best.
6) - That's an argument for a loss as much as a win. Poor argument.
7) - The only argument he makes that I can fully accept as "valid" in week 1. Fair argument.
8) - This was an OK argument until the "A.J. McCarron is good at finding open guys underneath, but is not someone who is going to pick UM apart downfield." Still, fair argument.
9) - Like the media, he has little understanding of the game experience that most of these "new" players can claim. The defense does, in fact, have a lot of green running around, but I believe we'll see the most athletic defense, across the board, that Saban's ever coached...should make up for a lot of what the mind may lack. Oh, I suppose we should mention, here, the vast talent gap between the programs right now? Iffy argument.
10) - We'll have to agree to disagree. This is AJ McCarron, now. I'll give him Lacy, but as mentioned before, there is no shortage of RBs in our stable, with the deepest on our chart being a sure-fire starter at UM. Come on man... and "BTW"...wow...to suggest ANYTHING from a zone read?! What was this guy doing the night of Jan 9, 2012? Poor argument.
Fair argument total: 2
Iffy argument total: 4
Poor argument total: 4
This post was edited by rolltide1219 23 months ago
"The Lord just wasn't with us, Coach."
"The Lord," grumbled Bryant, "expects you to block and tackle."
Rick Bragg, August 8, 2012
Ronald Reagan: Man is not free unless government is limited.
Can't wait to see the epic meltdown thread after we crush them.
talks of Lacy being the best SKill Position player takes away McCarron and Jones...not to mention our other backs...they will be flabbergasted at the half when they see how good we are. It will at least put them in their place regarding the college football world.
TRADITION IS THE FOUNDATION GREAT PROGRAMS ARE BUILT UPON.
Somebody needs to let this clown know that we don't have to beat last year's team to win Saturday night. It sounds to me like they're trying to convince themselves we're mortal.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports