In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
couple more thoughts....
1) I think we stand to improve more than any other Bama team in a BCSNCG. We have a number of young players on this team - especially in the secondary and I suspect that we will see continued improvement from those guys now that they have had an entire year of playing in this complex system with a years worth of tape to review. Think 2010 defense prior to Cap One Bowl. Those guys looked totally different.
2) Time to heal appears to be absolutely needed and timely.
3) I think the ND QB is better than he is being given credit for and that guy makes a ton of plays - especially when things break down. If we can keep him in the pocket then I don't see him having too much success but if he is allowed to scramble repeatedly it will be a nail biter.
Only one way to handle that talk...on the field! Lets play!
AL 28 ND 10
Pitt ( triple OT) Purdue ( late FG to win ) ,BYU (held on to win) , and Michigan (6 turnovers) were all home games too.
Don't really understand why asking anti-Catholic jokes stop has to be qualified with "yeah, but..." responses. If you don't like the stereotype against southerners, then don't ACT LIKE the stereotype against southerners!
Only thing ND has that worries me:
1. Very good receiving TEs a position where we struggle to defend.
2. A mobile QB. Don't kid yourselves; he's much better than D. Robinson and has greatly improved in his reads and throwing the ball over the course of the year.
3. A very good RB (Riddick) who catches the ball well out of the backfield. This will pose problems for our LBs / Safeties, all of whom (save Mosely) have surprisingly struggled with open field tackling this year and coverage.
I think our offense will move the ball against their D better than most anticipate, but I think we also give up a few points. Getting guys healthy will be very, very important for us, and in the end, I think it looks something like 31-20 Bama.
This post was edited by mrw5k 19 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports