In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1785
Online now 1847 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Interesting list that has Mike Slive at No. 17 and the NCAA president at No. 38, not to mention the real President at No. 44 (I honestly think he should have been excluded).
1. Roger Goodell NFL commissioner
2. David Stern NBA commissioner
3. Philip Anschutz AEG owner
4. John Skipper ESPN president
5. Bud Selig MLB commissioner
6. Stan Kroenke Kroenke Sports Enterprises owner
7. Mark Lazarus NBC Sports chairman
8. Jacques Rogge IOC president
9. Phil Knight Nike chairman
10. Hedge Fund Dude
11. Mark Walter Guggenheim Partners CEO & Dodgers owner
12. Robert Kraft Patriots owner
13. Sean McManus CBS Sports chairman
14. Michael Dolan IMG Worldwide CEO
15. Eric Shanks Fox Sports copresident
16. Sepp Blatter FIFA president
17. Mike Slive SEC commissioner
18. Adam Silver NBA deputy commissioner
19. Jerry Jones Cowboys owner
20. Larry Ellison Oracle CEO
21. Richard Scudamore Barclays Premier League CEO
22. Bernie Ecclestone Formula One president and CEO
23. Scott Boras Baseball agent
24. Kevin Plank Under Armour CEO
25. Tim Finchem PGA commissioner
26. Jm Delany Big Ten commissioner
27. Gary Bettman NHL commissioner
28. David Levy Turner Broadcasting president of sales, distribution and sports
29. Glazer Family
30. Carlos Brito Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO
31. Donald Fehr NHLPA executive director
32. Herbert Hainer Adidas Group CEO
33. Bob Bowman MLB Advanced Media CEO
34. Casey Wasserman Wasserman Media Group CEO
35. DeMaurice Smith NFLPA executive director
36. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan UAE Deputy Prime Minister & Man. City owner
37. Travis Tygart USADA CEO
38. Mark Emmert NCAA president
39. John Riccitiello Electronic Arts CEO
40. Brian France NASCAR CEO and chairman
41. Alison Lewis and Sharon Byers Coca-Cola North America
42. Al Haymon Boxing adviser and promoter
43. Ed O'Bannon Retired basketball player
44. Barack Obama U.S. President
45. Dana White UFC president
46. Cindy Davis Nike Golf president
47. Tom Condon CAA Sports cohead of football division
48. Mark Cuban Mavericks owner
49. Stephen Espinoza Showtime executive VP of sports and event programming
50. Michael Jordan Bobcats owner
Christopher Walsh covers Alabama football for BamaOnline, 247Sports, and is the author of 18 books.
Little surprised no LeBron, and no Saban on the college list.
what has ed obannon done? other than a great college career and very subpar nba career?
If im not mistaken he is the one leading the charge suing the ncaa for using player likenesses like the ncaa video game etc
oh ok..seems like i remember hearing about that recently
7. Mark Lazarus NBC Sports chairman
Am I missing something???? Maybe 15 years ago when they had NFL (AFC games) and NBA brands and Notre Dame didn't suck. Really what sports do they show on NBC? I know they have the Sunday night NFL games but thats a far cry from what they once had back in the old days.
when you said the real pres at 44 i thought you meant cns
"We don't talk about winning championships, we talk about being champions."
Lucky was in the NEXT 50 I guess
He was in the "First 50 Out"
no Jim Chiznick? Troopaloop?
Well you this list is crap, it has Obama on it.
Crimson glasses off!! Nick Saban not being on this list makes the list useless!
My guess with him being rated so high is bc NBC has the Olympics which is prob why the IOC guy is right below him. Also I think Sunday night football has something like the highest ratings for the NFL not including the super bowl in a long time and maybe the highest ratings in that time slot period across all tv right now.
Sepp Blatter at 16? The president of FIFA has just a tad bit of more power than Bud Selig. Ridiculous list.
You guys have to look at it for what it actually is. By power they mean the 50 biggest money brokers in sports. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with power within the sports realm. Just financial power.
Never Gets Old
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports