In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I numbered the different responses from the aubs :
1. Simple fact is, this guy (and yes I'm bitter) beats into the recruits head that he puts guys into the pros and therefore this is the best decision for their families. I am sure they give illegal benefits too, but Bama is owning Auburn and most schools on putting players into the pro's to get paid and that is what these recruits care about. Chiz had his family thing, but when he was not putting guys into the pro's they stop caring at some point. All Saban had to say is family is great in college, but you are here for business to work on getting to the Pro's. I can understand the selling point and it is powerful.I despise the guy and I am tired of losing games and recruits to him, and I am not ashamed to say it.
2. Agree with you 100%. Over the past 3 years (including this year mock draft projections), Bama will have put out 13 first round draft picks. Much more than any other school. It's scary & sickening to see what he is doing across state.
3. I think you are right. It is not about cheating in recruiting anymore. How can they be ranked 8 on this site when they have 11 top 100 players? It makes me not want to follow recruiting. Seeing their class just makes me mad.
4. You are right, and it works not only for players but for family. He convinces them that college is not a time for fun and games but for laying foundation for a great future of riches and fame.
5. Quoted: "I would argue that if the player is talented enough, works hard enough, they can accomplish the same things at any other SEC school. It still comes down to individual effort."
Nope. It is ALL Saban. Can't go in the first round without him. If only bammer had enough kids for all 32 teams picking in the first round....
Del Taco was trying to argue that last point this morning. Yes Auburn puts players in the NFL. But its Saban's work ethic he teaches the kids that turns avg. kids into good players and turns good into great.
Reese Dismukes is what the culture bred down at the barn under Chiz, while I think Gus is a step in the right direction for them, he still will have more of the same because lowder is in control down there. Just like Cowboys fans, as long as Jerry is in control you can expect 8-8. 7 to 9 wins a year under Gus until they can get Petrino.
Sabans players are more disciplined and mentally prepared for an nfl lifestyle than any other. While we havent produced a ton of all pros, we have produced safe picks and good contributors and with the exception of Rolando McClain our players have been class acts in the nfl
Agreed but Petrino will have a big time job well before Auburn's position opens up again. He won't be at WKU very long. He'll move on to something bigger and better and there are other big time jobs that will open up that are better than Auburn.
Saban was a very successful coach before he came to Alabama. He put tons of folks in the League even at Michigan State and LSU. He won a BCS championship at LSU. He's won 3 championships since he got here. And they wonder why recruits come here?
I was just looking at Scout's formula earlier today, and realized that it's amazingly bad. Their system gives you points per player depending on star level. That's really it. They do give "bonus" depending on the ranking of a recruit, but it's only 1 pt per spot in the position rankings. There is an 80 point difference between star levels, so the position ranking is completely inconsequential (one player is more than enough to make up any difference a team gets from position rankings). In short, Scout's ranking really is just based on how many 4&5 star recruits you sign, and that's it.
In Scout, Buchannon, (MS Commit, #32 QB, 4*) is worth 189 points. Max Browne, (USC Commit, #1 QB, 5*) is worth 300 points. A team with two Buchannons is worth way more than a team with one Browne. It's just a stupid system.
Scout is a joke and their message boards are a cesspool of trolls and loonies. Just ignore that site all together. It's terrible in every way. Of course I think Rivals is a joke as well not giving Derrick Henry a fifth star.
They also use 25 commits. Alabama will be 1 or 2 tomorrow
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports