In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1839
Online now 441 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. RT- Austin Shephard or Leon Brown.
2. Top Corner position- Does Geno Smith step up to be our top corner in the spring or does he stay at the nickel back due to Deion Belue holding the position?
3. Backup QB- Who looks to take over the QB position in 14? Alec Morris, Cooper Bateman, Luke Del Rio, Parker McLeod.
4. LG- Does Arie move from RG to LG or does Chad Lindsey have a strong spring? Maybe even Steen moves to LG if Arie can't handle the LG position as well as the RG position. I doubt we do this, due to having an experienced guy on both sides of the line to help break in the new starters if Steen stays
put with him at the RG spot and Cyrus at the LT spot.
5. The safety positions- who takes the strong safety roll? Collins, Perry, Vinnie, Williams. Who is the dime back? Perry, Vinnie, Williams.
6. Second reps with running back- With Fowler and Hart coming off knee injuries, does Drake or Henry take the steps needed to be the number 2 back in the Fall. I also wish Tyren Jones came in the Spring as well. I think he would have something to say about it.
7. Pass rusher- Does Hubbard improve from his RS sophomore year or does Devall pass him as our pass rushing specialist? Also keep an eye on John Allen coming in. I can't wait till we have another Upshaw type who can rush the passer along with having the ability to set the edge in the rushing game.
8. NG- Does Ivory step up as the next big time guy in the middle or does Lake take a huge step after a year in the program? i know Ivory was hurt, but I still remember how Georgia ran up the middle on us after Jesse went out.
9. The other middle linebacker- Who starts along with Moseley in the middle? I don't want to bash Depriest, but feel he regressed a little last year. Maybe I had really high hopes after him and Vinnie dominated special teams in 11. Does Reuben get some time like Nico did his true freshman year after Dont'a went down?
10. Kicker- Does Adam Griffith take over the full reigns at kicker? Or does Cade Foster come on strong in his last year? I'm actually really interested in this battle here.
Would like to hear some opinions.
I think the table is set for Reuben to take some playing time from DePreist. I know he is a TF but with Mosely in there to help him with the calls then he might be able to do some special things.
No explanations from me, just wild guesses:
1. Leon Brown
2. Belue and Fulton (I still believe in him) start. Geno is nickel
3. Morris for now. Battle coming next spring between Morris, Bateman, and Del Rio
4. LG - Arie
5. Collins. Dime back Vinnie
6. Drake for now, battle continues between Drake and Henry in Fall camp
7. Hubbard comes on big
8. Ivory and Lake split time almost evenly
9. DePriest and Ragland see a lot of time
Sure would like to see Ryan Anderson step up at linebacker.
#1 - love Shepard, but Brown is motivated and comes in with something to prove. Will be close buy Brown i think takes it.
#2 - I think Geno has all the tools to play CB, but i wouldnt count out anyone as the #2 CB right now.
#3 - If Cooper Bateman plays this year at all i think he will take over for AJ in 2014, but Alec Morris has a big arm. Will be a fun one to watch in the 4th quarter. As people know AJ would have played in 2009 if Greg got hurt, so im not real sure how much either will play in mop up duty, and it may not even matter. What will happen to Sims is also a great question.
#4 - Put the best 5 OL on the field regardless. Versatility!
# 5 - I like LC. I think they will be a lot of subbing in and out all year long depending on the style of offense we will be facing. If we can trust LC to be in the right spot...watch out!
#6 - Sorry i love Drake, but Henry will be the #2 RB by mid season. Drake will play meaningful snaps though. I think Fowler moves to the FB/HB position exclusively.
#7 - Devall has that "it" factor, but Hubbard will have to be a leader in the sack category. Allen is a speciment and will work his way on the field in certain packages.
#8 - I like Ivory. He does the little things at the NG positition. Lake will be on the field a lot more this year. Dont sleep on Paige either here.
#9 - DePriest is a package guy. Stops the run real well, but has trouble in space. I think Foster has the potential to play both. he needs to play 100% all the time though...under Saban you have to no matter what.
#10 - I think Griffin takes over PATs. Cade has improved, and i think trust from 40+ yards is there. Wouldnt surprise me to see Griffin work his way back from shorter ranges to longer as the season goes by. Griffin has a big leg, and he will be tested this year.
can spring practice just go ahead and get here?
Saturday brother, Saturday!
New Member of The 247 Crew!
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports