In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
when they committed.
1. Julio Jones- his commitment changed everything. When Julio signed with Bama everything had changed.
2. TJ Yeldon- I told everyone we were going to regret him going to AU because he was the best instate RB since Bo, worked out pretty well for us, not so much for the Aubz.
3. AJ McCarron- I remember watching his HS sophomore highlights and knowing this kid was special throwing to some receiver named Mark Barron (wonder what happened with that guy?) I knew then if he came to Bama he was going to do some amazing things, and now he's 24-2 as a starter and going for his second straight NC ring
4. DJ Fluker- Dude is just a massive human being, I really thought he'd be a dominate nose tackle at first but the way he developed his senior year of high school into a tackle he was just a can't miss and he's been great for us.
5. OJ Howard- I think he gives us something we just haven't had here in a long time, a legitimate NFL tight end
This was a really tough list to make, I know these are all offensive players, I guess I just get more excited about the offensive guys because I know how good our defense always will be under Saban haha.
Choose not a life of limitation
1. Julio Jones
2. Trent Richardson
3. BJ Scott
5b. TJ Yeldon
5c. Landon Collins
That was a tough list to make because there's so many more that I wanted to put on there. Chris Black. Dee Hart. And the list goes on.
This post was edited by adam3876 19 months ago
5a Jerrell Harris
5b Star Jackson
5c Rod Woodson
Honorable mention Dre, Fluke, Barron, J Harris, HaHa, Dee hart, Collins
This post was edited by shawnboy 19 months ago
Never Gets Old
3. Landon Collins
5. Derrick Henry
5 Landon Collins
1. Cyrus Kouandjio - the hoopla around that was infuriatingly awesome
5. Yeldon - suck it, Barn
1. Julio -- OP is spot-on -- Julio seemed to change everything. The crown jewel.
2. Cyrus -- the manner in which he ended up sticking it to the Barn vaults him above Trent to No. 2. Prototype NFL LT.
3. Trent -- couldn't see anything but greatness and endless highlight-reel plays out of him.
4. Phillip Sims -- to me, had the best NFL-caliber characteristics of any QB prospect we signed in ages. Had all the arm talent of Croyle, but with a sturdier frame.
5. Dre K. -- thought he had a great chance to shut down one side of the field for 2-3 years.
Alfy Hill might have been my No. 6 -- I thought Saban might have found his Jason Taylor with Alfy.
1) Mount Cody
2) Julio Jones
3) Tyren Jones
4) Landon Collins
5) Mark Barron
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 2 Cor 10:4
Julio - was THE superstar we'd been waiting to sign for years.
Trent - Best RB I've ever seen in high-school. Injuries were the only thing that could have stopped him from being great. He is the closest recruit I've seen to a "sure thing".
Landon - The best athlete in the country and #1 player in the nation (IMO) getting him at a position of need and from Louisiana of all places made this one of crazier recruitments I've followed.
BJ Scott - Hell of an athlete and he was really the first recruit I can recall being so vocal in trying to recruit others. He really set the trend for our success here and I'll always be grateful.
AJ - I looked at all the talent we were bringing in but wondered how good we could be with an elite QB and that's what I thought we got with him.
2-Ingram (the second i watched his HS film i told my friends he would be something special)
3-tyler love (thought he would be Andre Smith's replacement. You get some right, and you get some wrong lol)
4-Rod Woodson (every single person on this board thought he was gonna kill someone before he left UA lol)
5-cyko (after he finaly dropped all the drama.
5b-Star Jackson (high profile kid that probably had a lot to do with kick starting that 2008 class)
3.) Haha/Dee Hart (I went to their high school, dp represent)
4) Fluker (just a monster)
I gotta give love to bj Scott. He was the first 5 star to jump on board. Hell, I'll give Love some love too. Mainly because I met him at ut, and he was so damn nice, I gave him a butt chuggin' bumper sticker. He was also the first 5 star tackle, iirc.
This post was edited by Ashevillain 19 months ago
1. Mark Ingram - From the moment I watched his committment video and interview afterwards I knew he was going to be a special player and a leader.
2 & 2A. Juilo Jones/Robert Lester - My wife taught both of them at Foley High School (There, honey, I got a plug in for you)
3. Nico Johnson - Watched him regularly at Andalusia HS. Best thing to come out of Andalusia since Robert Horry.
4. Trent Richardson - The weeks after his Florida visit were agonizing.
5. TJ Yeldon - I work with nothing but Auburn grads (mostly P.E.s) Best week of my life at the office when he flipped.
6. Shameless Plug For Potential Recruit: Jonathan Cook. I have literally watched the kid grow up. Hope he gets an offer.
This post was edited by DefensorFortis 19 months ago
I'm with you on Cook. I'm hoping we get him too.
When they committed:
1. Cody - yes I was a huge Cody fan even before he committed (actually...this may have been around the time he stuck with his commitment to Bama as I was afraid he was going to Miami and I knew we needed a NT)
2. Yeldon - also very pumped when we landed him
3. Cyrus - b/c I knew we need OL help
4. Fluker - he and Cyrus are debatable - had I known he would end up at RT he may not be on the list - at the time I thought we had our NT of the future
5. James Carpenter - I'm sure some won't believe this but I thought he was the piece that we needed to win the NC that year - I remember the arguments with people who thought Fluker was going to beat him out for the LT position (mind blowing)
If you can't tell I'm a run the ball first and play D kind of guy. Guys that just missed the list were TR, Barron, Depriest (I'm in Ohio), 1 guy I was super excited about was Alfy Hill. Didn't know how all that was going to go down.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports