In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1434
Online now 1391 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Since Alabama has had so many great games, I thought it would be interesting to know what your top worst losses might have been in your lifetime of watching Bama play.
5. 1997 Alabama vs Auburn
4. 2008 Alabama vs Florida
3. 2011 Alabama vs LSU (first game)
2. 2010 Alabama vs Auburn
1. 1994 SEC Champ game against Florida
This post was edited by CRIMSONTIDE007 16 months ago
1. 2007 Louisiana Monroe
2. 2005 LSU
3. 2007 FSU
4. 2006 Miss St
1. 2010 Iron Bowl
2. 2007 UL Monroe
3. 2011 LSU
4. 2008 Sugar Bowl
5. 2006 Iron bowl
I'm only listing games I have attended. Losing to UT in the 90s while I was at UT dental school were some agonizing times as an outspoken Bama fan. These sting the most due to recent memory.
This post was edited by drmarc24 16 months ago
1999 La Tech
2000 Central Fl
2006 Ms State
2007 La Monroe
1. 1973 Sugar Bowl Bama vs ND - heartbreaker for me as a 12 yr old....will always be the worse loss for me
2. 1975 Orange Bowl Bama vs ND
3. 1972 Iron Bowl
4. 2010 Iron Bowl
5. 1972 Orange Bowl Bama vs Nebraska...we got it handed to us in that game
This post was edited by gd102561 16 months ago
In no particular order because they're ALL equally painful:
- Early 80's game against Penn State ('83 I think) when Bama came back from way behind and Preston Gothard caught the go ahead pass in the back of the endzone and the Ref called him out of bounds.
- The 1995 Iron Bowl, when Curtis Brown clearly caught the go ahead TD but was ruled out of bounds.
- 1980 Bama/Miss. St. game. I was 11 years old and I had been outside playing in the yard. My grandaddy told me that Bama had lost 6-3. I didn't believe him at first but when he assured me it was true, I sat down on the back steps and cried.
- 2010 Iron Bowl.
- 2004 Music City Bowl against Minnesota. I know this one may sound strange to some of you but my wife and I attended that game and the smack talk that I heard from some Minnesota fans before and after the game still pisses me off to this day.
Bonus selection - 2004 Five OT loss to Tennessee in BDS. That one sucked.
This post was edited by janda23 16 months ago
Utah Sugar Bowl live and in person!
Nothing will ever be worse than the feeling I had after 28-27. That should count as my entire top 5.
Choose not a life of limitation
1. 2010 Iron Bowl. - obvious reasons
2. 1997 La. Tech- totaled my truck on the way to the game. Had to listen to the game sitting in a police station waiting for a ride home with a ice pack on my eye. (Eye required surgery)
3. 1993 SEC Championship. Froze my @$$ off watching that garbage. End zone seats with the wind right in our faces.
4. 2000 UCLA. Pac10 team. Powder blue. POWDER BLUE damnit!!!!
5. 1997 Music City Bowl. Never saw my team physically pushed around that bad before.
1972 Barn game
1973 Notre Dame
1974 Notre Dame
1980 Notre Dame
Any Florida loss in SEC CG
I totally agree with 1994 Florida rip off. Had there been replay, we would have won by 10 points. 2 fumbles went their way and it wasn't even close.
2. UCF. I had to face so many insults after that one. UCF!!????
3. Tennessee... The one where we went into 5 OT's. I think that was 04? God that made me lose it. 50-43?
4. Southern Miss.... the Fran debacle.
5. South Carolina... the other Fran debacle.
This post was edited by Seabreeze2 16 months ago
1980 loss to MSU...I was 12 and I cried....1990 loss to Louisville in Bowl game we got blown out....1989 Barn 1st game on either schools campus...Can't remember the year but it was Va Tech in Music city bowl we got whipped Finally 2010 Barn game just cause Bama should never lose a lead like that especially to our rival.......RTR
1.2010 Iron Bowl
2. 2000 So. Miss--flat out pathetic
3. 1999 La Tech--See no. 2
4. 2000 UCF--dubose death nail
5. 2006 Iron Bowl--the thumb. Sickening to watch.
Of the games I attended, in chronological order:
1) 2003 5 OT loss to UT - Hometown guy Jason Allen with the last play breakup.
2) 2004 vs. South Carolina - someone has to remember this gem. 3-20 loss vs. a very bad USC team. Who was better? Spencer Pennington? Mark Guillon? The water boy?
3) 2005 loss to LSU - I was basically expecting the loss - I knew LSU had the talent that year, but going into the game at 9-0, I was really hoping we slipped up and won that one. I can still remember the deflation in the student section after their go-ahead touchdown.
4) 2009 Sugar Bowl vs. Utah - was working on a project in SLC at the time. Caught a lot of heat for the loss. Was also spotted "allegedly" screaming "what the $%^@ ?!" I still maintain I was saying, "Where is it?!" as in, where was the pass interference in the end zone.
5) 2010 vs. Auburn - I still cringe.
"The Lord just wasn't with us, Coach."
"The Lord," grumbled Bryant, "expects you to block and tackle."
Rick Bragg, August 8, 2012
I have to add one of Fran's specials. The Iron Bowl the year he left. Everyone knew he mailed that one in. We should've beaten Auburn easily that year. I say mailed it in, but in hindsight it looked like he just threw that game out of spite.
Mine are pretty much the same as yours only I put 1972 IB on top. I was a freshman. I will NEVER forget "Punt Bama Punt.
Fran never lost to Southern Miss.
This post was edited by CrimsonKat 16 months ago
2010 Iron Bowl
Utah in the Sugar Bowl
S. Miss. beatdown at legion field
Game where we were drilling Arky at the half & they came back & won.
1. 2010 AU
2. 2008 Florida
3. 2003 Tennessee
4. 2006 Arkansas
5. 1997 AU
In no order bc they all sucked.
UGA 2007 in over time. Stafford pass over top of M Johnson on their first play of OT after we kicked a FG.
Utah Sugar bowl.
In attendance for all of them.
1. The one in 2010
2. Nebraska 1971
3. Tennessee 2003
4. Penn State 1983
5. Florida 2008
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports