In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 3886
Online now 1188 Record: 9097 (3/2/2012)
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
"Don't confuse association, with something we both really like." ---JB
Utah, LaMo, AU comeback, 1999 La Tech, i give up, these were the ones that were really soul crushing to me. Maybe A&M when i was watching in horror as we refused to run within the 6 yd line. But i was okay after that game, the rest took a day or few.
(1) UA-UF 2008--that one just ripped my heart out. We had that great 3rd quarter. And then Tebow did his thing. I remember feeling so empty after that game because the dream of a title was over. And we had not come so close in so long.
(2) UA-UT 2003
(3) UA-UT 1995
(4) UA-AU 2010
(5) UA-AU 1997
5. 2003-UT game. Sick to my stomach.
4. 2004-Music City Bowl vs Minnesota. Their band played Rocky Top as we were heading out.
3. 2007-ULM. Nuff said.
2. 2009-Sugar Bowl. smh.
1. 2010-Iron Bowl. Nightmare.
2008- Florida. Had those guys by the throat and they got away.
2007-Miss State. Inexplicable
2007- LSU. Ripped my heart out in person.
2012- A&M. 1st and Goal at the six.
2001- LSU. Josh Reed goes HAM.
1. La Tech - on my birthday and on the way home our car broke down. (overall experience)
2. ULM - sat through the entire game thinking any moment we'll pull ahead.
4. FSU in Jacksonville - painfully boring....
5. Toss up between NIU or LSU when Jamarcus Russell throws a bullet to beat us in OT, the crowd just went silent.
In no particular order:
1. 2000 UCLA - new season, full hopes. Opening kickoff TD. Done. (and Powder Blue.)
2. 2010 USCe - watching those players get exposed when they had so much potential was pretty bad.
3. 2000 Michegan - Losing like that was gut wrenching.
4. All 2006 Shula losses - Couldn't hear him say something like "aww, shucks" anymore.
5. 2005 LSU - seemed like we could do it, possibly, maybe, even with Shula . . . nope.
Bonus: Worst win? 2005 Florida - Prothro. Period.
17-16 1972 auburn
1973 Sugar Bowl against SOB's
Utah game was pretty bad..
Any Loss to Aubuun or Tinkeressee I hate'em.
The Loss to Michigan because of missed xtra pt.
Miss St. 6-3.
Burn baby burn. & Go to hell tennessee
I'll play, and keep it at games I attended - and have two lists, one of embarrassing bad losses and the other heart-breaking losses that we could have/should have won:
Bad losses -
'04 USC @ home, nearly got shut-out to Holtz's team in BDS
'07 La Monroe @ home, doesn't need a comment
N Illinois '03 - turned out most of this season could make either list.
Utah '08 Sugar Bowl
UGA '02 - one of the loudest games in my memory, remember the place exploded when Pope had a strip or pick 6 (think it got called back for false start)
Oklahoma '03 @ home - I think everybody in the stadium sans the team and coaches saw the fake punt coming; also UT in '03 - already been mentioned, nothing else to add
LSU '05 - sucked being brought back to reality, and even though our record was better than we probably were due to offensive inefficiencies, we should have won that one
UGA '07 - He scored right in the student endzone, really crushing especially coming the week after the crazy Caddell catch against Arky the week before
UF '08 - We played great, just ran into a better team - this was my last season as a student and was crushing to lose the national title dream
Honorable mention, because it could really go on either of my lists: A&M - the way the 1st qtr was played really puts it on the bad/embarrassing loss list, but the way we held on and made it so close, and IMO should have won meets the criteria for the heartbreaking list.
looking back, I've seen a lot of losses, lol... maybe I'd be better off watching at home
This post was edited by acal85 16 months ago
"Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places you have to look at it right."
5. 1994 SEC CHAMP. This game ripped my heart out.
4. 2003 Tennessee was a student in this game. Never threw so many f bombs in my life.
3. 2010 Auburn Game felt powerless to stop the comback you just knew it was going to happen.
2. 2011 LSU game never walked out of stadium so sure we were the best team and lost.
1. 2008 Florida Game Just a gut wrenching lost. This game was a big tease one quarter away from going to the national championship and it was just snatched away.
1994 and 2008 SEC championship games that I can remember.
Of course after reading the history, losing to ND after the '73 and '75 seasons were pretty devastating though I was too young at the time to understand.
1. 1973 Notre Dame. Alabama v. Notre Dame for title. Bryant v. Parseghian. South v. North. Most painful loss ever. Nothing approaches it.
2. 1989 Auburn. Alabama ranked #2, plays for first time at Auburn. Cost us a possible shot at a title.
3. 1994 Florida. SEC Championship Game. Ruined a perfect season and cost us a possible shot at a title.
4. 2008 Florida. SEC Championship Game. Ruined a perfect season and definitely cost us a shot for a title.
5. 2010 Auburn. Allowed Auburn to win a national title and is this generation's "Punt Bama Punt" game.
The last 5 lossses we'v had. RTR
2000 Southern Miss, Was that at Legion Field? If so, that was by far and away the worst that i have seen Bama play.
2007 vs La Monroe
1973 vs Notre Dame
1972 vs Auburn
2010 vs Auburn
2007 vs MS. State
2 of the most heartbreaking games were against n. illinois at home! Sit there in absolute disgust. Another was the 24 point lead pissed away against Auburn. Really were bad games. Now, though the Tide is High on a roll nobody will be able to match all those games are an afterthought. Especially, the roll(ha,ha) that Auburn has been on another history maker! RTR
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports