In partnership with CBSSports.com
The No. 1 'Bama fan community on the Internet
BOL message board for off-topic posts
Tailgating, recipes, cooking, food & drink
Buy, sell or swap tickets
You have no favorite boards.
1. Mark Ingram - Heisman
2. Julio Jones
3. Trent Richardson
4. Mark Barron
5 Donta Hightower
6. Chance Warmack
7, Barrett Jones
8. Marcel Dareus
9. Rolando McClain
This post was edited by Lucky on 12/13/2012 at 10:46 AM
AJ has to be on the list
Choose not a life of limitation
I'm creating mine before looking at everyone else's so it's an honest opinion, but here's how I'd rank them.
1) Julio Jones - I know Ingram won a Heisman, but IMO Julio was the biggest recruit of the Saban era because he was the first true stud (outside of Burton Scott, who never panned out here.) I also think Julio's mentality and freakish physical nature make him the best.
2) Ingram - Heisman. Nuff said.
3) Richardson - probably a better all-around back than Ingram, but didn't win the school's only Heisman, so...
4) Barrett Jones - 5th-year senior who is the most versatile OL we've ever had. AA at every OL position and Outland/Remington winner
5) Rolando McClain - just an absolute freakshow
6) Javier Arenas - again, I point to his mental attitude. He was undersized but brought that swag to our program, and he was a hell of a weapon on special teams.
7) Donta Hightower - an anchor just like Ro was
8) Courtney Upshaw - didn't really come into his own until late but showed flashes of brilliance throughout his career and will be a long-time pro
9) Mount Cody - teams had to gameplan around him for 2 straight years. He made our defense different just because of his size and reputation alone, and he singlehandedly (literally - with one hand) - saved the 2009 title.
10) Mark Barron - I would love to have him higher on the list because I think he was that good. He was the rock on our defense - not only from a physical standpoint but from an IQ standpoint. By the end of his career it was like he knew the opponent's offensive plays better than they did.
I'd love to put Dareus, A. Smith, AJ, Warmack, etc. on here but can't think of who I'd bump to make room.
1. Mark Ingram
2. Julio Jones
3. Mark Barron
4. Rolando McClain
5. Barrett Jones
6. Donte Hightower
7. Trent Richardson
8. Chance Warmack
9. AJ McCarron
10. CJ Mosely
"The (All In) Family"
I love Marky Mark and he won our only Heisman, but I don't see him being best athlete overall. My list in no particular order after Julio and Trent:
This post was edited by RollTideDW on 12/13/2012 at 10:34 AM
GET AT ME ----- E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ----- TWITTER: @GentryEstes247 ---- FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/dawgs247
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports